Sunday, April 22, 2012

independent Houston newspapers

I just got back from a trip to London (absolutely LOVED it!!!!) and one thing I really enjoyed there was reading all of the smaller, free, independent newspapers that had all sorts of info on current events (standard news), reviews of local things to do, ';fun'; news bits, local gossip, etc. They were really fun to read. Anyways, just curious if any of you know of some good Houston independent newspapers like that? (and where to get them) Thanks!! =)



independent Houston newspapers


Ok, there is one local newspaper that I know about - it%26#39;s HoustonPress (and is free) and there%26#39;s a stand for it at my apartment complex mailbox area.





Anyone know any other small local newspapers and where to pick them up? I live in League City, so I%26#39;m not in the middle of Houston... but when I make trips downtown, I%26#39;ll be on the lookout.



independent Houston newspapers


This list is from wikipedia:



African-American Business and News



The Daily Cougar



Free Press Houston



Houston Business Journal



Houston Chronicle



Houston Defender



Houston Forward Times



Houston Gazette



Houston INTOWN



Houston Press



Houston Voice



Houston Review



Korean Journal (now national)



Lone Star Times



Mach Song (national Vietnamese paper)



Pakistan Chronicle



PaperCity



Rice Thresher



Saigon Tex News



Viet Bao





I%26#39;ve seen several around town in various locations. You can probably google any of the names and find a website.




Thanks for the list! I%26#39;ve been reading through the HoustonPress, and it%26#39;s a fun paper, but over half of it is advertisements for massage etc. There was a nice section where they reviewed various music venues (bars and clubs), and I really liked that. There were also a few great reviews of some music groups, so that was fun to read.





Has anyone read any of those other smaller Houston newspapers?


  • blush color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment