Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rental Car rates at DFW

Which company or companies have the best rates at DFW? I%26#39;m looking for economy, etc. Thanks.

Rental Car rates at DFW

Alot of times, the economy car is the same price as a compact, or maybe within a dollar or two. Try this site for deals, www.travelzoo.com , or www.kayak.com will search all the companies for the best rates.

Normally Hertz, National and Avis are the highest.

Rental Car rates at DFW

There%26#39;s no such thing as one car company that gives the best rates. It%26#39;s entirely dependent upon their inventory, how many reservations they have, whether it%26#39;s a holiday weekend, etc. While you can look at companies and identify them as usually less or more expensive, there are other things that get factored in, too, like what kinds of cars they have, versus what you want to drive.

That said, I find Thrifty to be competitive and I like the Stratus that is their mid-sized car.

Be aware that all those insurances may or may not be necessary. If you have renter%26#39;s insurance or a homeowner%26#39;s insurance plan, check whether you have coverage for rental cars. Most people think that it%26#39;s their car insurance that%26#39;s the back-up, but it%26#39;s homeowner%26#39;s. Plus if you have homeowner%26#39;s and have an accident, normally you don%26#39;t pay the deductible, like you would if your car insurance was the back-up.

Avis just changed their renter%26#39;s agreement and if you have a wreck with their car they%26#39;ve written some pretty nasty clauses in, so while I use Avis a lot as a preferred carrier, I%26#39;ll be using them a lot less in the future. Things like you have to pay for the loss of rental fees for the time period the car can%26#39;t be rented, if you wreck their car!!!! It appears you could be liable for thousands upon thousands, if you have a wreck in their car. I don%26#39;t know if this is a ploy to try to get folks to pay for the insurance (which is damned steep coverage and they make out like bandits with it--more profit than from the car rental) or what the deal is, but it%26#39;s a pretty horrific contract.

Also, be aware that while a credit card may say that they cover you if you use their card to rent the vehicle, they will cover you, but only after all other insurance policies you have (like your homeowner%26#39;s) pays their liability first. The credit card pays last.


If you rent outside the airport, the rates are much much cheaper. I have friends that will fly into Dallas and have the local Hertz or Enterprise deliver their car to their hotel. Local agencies not at the airport can save you money.


you can also check breezenet.com


I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have about 150 car rental days out of DFW this past year. I have typically rented from Avis because of frequent flyer, renter programs, promotions, etc. I would suggest that before renting a car from DFW, check the Advantage rental car rates. You might have to wait a little longer to get your car, but the staff is every bit as friendly as Avis, Hertz, Alamo, Budget, etc., the cars are every bit as nice, and I have found the rate to sometimes be as much as 25-35% below the majors. Just a suggestion.


I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have about 150 car rental days out of DFW this past year. I have typically rented from Avis because of frequent flyer, renter programs, promotions, etc. I would suggest that before renting a car from DFW, check the Advantage rental car rates. You might have to wait a little longer to get your car, but the staff is every bit as friendly as Avis, Hertz, Alamo, Budget, etc., the cars are every bit as nice, and I have found the rate to sometimes be as much as 25-35% below the majors. Just a suggestion.


DO NOT USE ....ADVANTAGE RENTA CAR!

UNREPUTABLE; EXTRA BOGUS CHARGES %26amp; FEES

Upon arriving at the rental desk to pick up the vehicle, I noticed that they took out a $500 charge against my credit card before giving me the vehicle. When I asked about this amount that they initially charged and told them that the internet price was quoted as far less, they told me that was only a deposit that they take out when the vehicle is picked up and when I returned the vehicle it would be settled if no additional charges were necessary, ie; whether gas tank was full or empty, if car was wrecked….. Which none of these would apply.

when returning the vehicle, the rental office was closed. I asked inside the Montreal Hiltonl where the rental agency office was located and they informed me to drop the keys in a drop box that was provided for these instances, so I did because my flight left very early and I had to get to my flight.

I was not comfortable with this large deposit taken out when I had given them a credit card and insurance information so I had waited for this charge to appear. The first chance I noticed it I saw it was not what was quoted to me on the internet.

I could of rented from other places for a good deal cheaper if I knew they were going to lie about what they would charge me.

The actual quoted price for this vehicle rental term was supposed to be estimated at around $332.80 in USD for ';base price, taxes %26amp; fees'; yet I was charged $492 -a $160.00 difference, which is drastic from a mere estimate when you consider a whole extra week was quoted to me as only $132.50.

THEY DO NOT ESTIMATE VERY WELL

There is nothing you can do about this because they say it’s an “estimate”. If they decide to charge you an extra $1000, there is still nothing Orbitz, your credit card company or anyone will do about it, you are just screwed!

Read through postings and search ';Advantage Rental'; in quotes and you will see others that were cheated by their bate anbd switch tactics when the charge statement came through.


Wow! Advantage sounds like a nightmare. I%26#39;ve never rented from them, and now I never will.

  • bed set work for girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment