Friday, April 13, 2012

6 hr. layover in Houston--any tour cos?

Hi,



I know the airport is 25 miles from downtown, but I wondered if there are any tour companies or any local sites to take in so that I don%26#39;t have to sit in the airport.





I checked on Chez Nous, a recommended French restaurant, but it isn%26#39;t open for lunch.



Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.



6 hr. layover in Houston--any tour cos?


You might try Pappasitas for lunch (tex-mex and popular). It is near the airport (I-45 %26amp; AIrtex). Not sure of any tour companies that operate in the airport areas. The nearest mall to the airport is Greenspoint -- don%26#39;t bother -- it%26#39;s awful.







6 hr. layover in Houston--any tour cos?


Thanks, Texas7,





I%26#39;ll check out Pappasitas. I also heard the airport has been renovated with lots of shops. Hopefully it will keep me entertained along with my travel Scrabble board!




I think there is even a Pappasitas (mini-version) in the airport now. While it might not excude the authenticity of the stand-alone restaurant - it might taste okay if you don%26#39;t get a chance to leave the airport.





To go anywhere you%26#39;ll have to take a cab .... just FYI - the drive to downtown from the airport is approximately 25-30 minutes (once you are actually off of the airport property). If you ventured downtown there is a Mexican restaurant called Cyclone Anaya%26#39;s in Midtown on West Gray - it is very good. They also have a location on a street called Durham.




If you don%26#39;t particularly like Mexican - (all of these in the Downtown/Midtown area) then Rouge is excellent on Westheimer. Ruggles on Westheimer is great - slow service - don%26#39;t be in a hurry. Baba Yega on Grant (off of Westheimer) is very good and health conscious. Farrago on West Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment