Friday, April 13, 2012

Best BBQ in Houston? :)

Just thought I%26#39;d start a new thread. We%26#39;ll be in town next week for the Texas Bowl and my husband is looking forward to some ';good Texas bbq';! Would love to hear some rec%26#39;s!!



(Also, is it ribs, pulled pork, brisket, etc?) :)





Thanks,





S1



Best BBQ in Houston? :)


You can%26#39;t go wrong with Goode Co. or Pappas.



Best BBQ in Houston? :)


Our family favorite is County Line BBQ, but this is not located near the stadium or city center. If you are willing to drive it is located on Cutten Road, north of 1960, in the Willowbrook Mall area.



Beef ribs, brisket, pork ribs we have it all down here!




agree with first post, goode company is great and prices are reasonable. But here is a list of the others :





10best.com/Houston/鈥ndex.html





Enjoy




Haven%26#39;t been here myself, but coworkers love a place called Pizzitola%26#39;s. Located on S. Sheperd directly across from the Cadillac Bar.




Best BBQ is kind of a loaded question - almost like asking a room full of teenagers about the best kind of shoe!





Pappas and Goode Co are safe choices in part because they are ';chains'; - you can find multiple locations and they%26#39;ll all be the same consistent good quality.





Its when you start finding the little shacks on the edge of the forest that you are getting into ';real'; BBQ. My personal favorite is Moe%26#39;s located on 1960 about 3-4 miles west of 59 north. Its a drive, but for me its worth it.





Pizzatolli%26#39;s is a decent alternative - I%26#39;ve had good and acceptable BBQ there.





So: if I%26#39;m not in the mood for a long drive, Goode Co/Pappas are great places to stop in for BBQ that will leave me full and happy. Moe%26#39;s will leave me wondering if I shouldn%26#39;t order an extra sliced beef sandwich - just in case I happen to ';need'; another. ;)




GOODE COMPANY IS A CHAIN NOW?????





Wow. Times, they are a-changin%26#39;.





Goode Company would be my recommendation, with the caveat that it%26#39;s been a good 10 years since I%26#39;ve eaten there (and 22 since I moved away from Houston - yipes!). If the ambiance hasn%26#39;t changed, I%26#39;d recommend the Kirby Dr. location.




I like the County Line for BBQ near FM 1960. But, another place I鈥檝e been to a number of times is the Rib Tickler鈥?/p>




http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3722231410




Dozier%26#39;s in Fulshear on the West side of Houston.




Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!! I%26#39;m going to print out this list and which ever one we happen to be near we%26#39;ll try!!





We%26#39;re getting psyched...only a few more days until we are TX-bound!!





:)





Happy Holidays!!


  • make up application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment