Sunday, April 22, 2012

Inexpensive Accomidations?

Hi,





My sister and i are planning to visit in the first week of november and are looking for a condo or beach house. Everything seems to be suited for 8 people, we are looking for something smaller, either a one or two bedroom with a kitchen.





Any suggestions



Inexpensive Accomidations?


Hi Shorttyred



Try www.sopadre.com for info.



We liked the Tiki: www.thetiki.com



Tet{:o)-



Inexpensive Accomidations?


It%26#39;s not a condo, but the Holiday Inn Express is excellent value for b%26amp;b - we have returned from a 4 night stay today. The suite has a microwave and fridge.




I strong don%26#39;t recommend Beach House Vacation Rentals. Also, read the contracts carefully or play it safe and stay at a hotel where you have the reservations desk and management onsite.




Hi, I%26#39;m a local, and I figured I could help some people out with some info.





You might look into Padre South Hotel (www.padresouth.com). They have the best rates I%26#39;ve found for the value. The rooms have one queen size bed, a fold out twin and a kitchen. Good view and it%26#39;s on the South side of the island, so within walking distance to everything.





If you don%26#39;t feel like driving a lot, I suggest you look at one of the hotels on the South side. Now is a good time to come. The summer tourists are gone (winter Texans are here though) and the temperature has finally fallen below 90.





Enjoy your stay




Shallowgal - thanks for the tip buttheir no dogs policy eliminates them for me. I%26#39;m an old goat Canadian travelling to South Padre Island for 3 months - Dec through Feb. Just me and a medium sized dog. I%26#39;ve got prices on Ramada and Comfort Suites. Big gap. Any recommendations?





Thanks




CanuckOldGoat, since you are staying for 3 months, don%26#39;t you want a place with some (even small) kitchen facilities? I think the Ramada just has like a mini fridge. I would suggest a small condo. Most everywhere down there will have winter rates and will be even less if you are renting for so long. There was a place that was mentioned earlier in the year that I have seen from the outside (new and nice), although it may be too large for you and your dog....i will find it and get back to you.




OK. I found it. Dolphin Condos. Google Dolphin Condos south padre island, and several links pop up. Depending on how much $$ you want to spend, there are other options, but you may need to act fast, b/c SPI is pretty popular with the snow birds.




Thanks Linlo and of course, Shallowgal. These big hotels all have a microwave and a small fridge. That%26#39;s enough for me. I%26#39;ve been there before with my wife and stayed in condos but this year I%26#39;m travelling alone and want to trade the space for daily maid service, internet , breakfast etc. I can%26#39;t train my dog to vacuum.





I%26#39;ve been trying to get info on the Super 8, Travel Lodge, Comfort Suites, Beachsides, Ramada, Best Western. As you can see on this site, some are rated as dumps and some better and much moe money. I%26#39;m looking for around $1000-1100. per month for the 3 months.





Not looking for luxury with an ocean view but a large room, balcony and clean.





Thanks again for your kindness in helping. Locals would be my best source of honest information.






Good luck, Mr. Goat....I am afraid I%26#39;m not much help with the motels. I have stayed in several condo properties, but other than driving past the motels, I am unfamiliar with the accomodations. I can give advice on eating places, but you probably already know about them since you have been before. Have fun, and I know your dog will love it,




OLDGOAT HERE.





Thanks Linlo. Hopefully Shallowgal will know something about the hotels on her Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment