Sunday, April 22, 2012

Visiting in late November

Coming to Austin in late November for 3 days on business. Will need to drive to 16221 Crystal Hills Drive each day. Can you recommend a nice hotel in a safe area of town? I%26#39;ll be needing to park each day, so I don%26#39;t really want to hassle with vallet. Willing to pay around $150 each day as long as the accomodations are worth it. Any advice is much appreciated.



Visiting in late November


In checking your location on Mapquest you%26#39;re off FM 1826, south of Circle C but somewhat closer to Driftwood.





It looks to me as though you%26#39;ll want to decide whether you want to be close to your business destination OR in Austin so that you could enjoy all that it has to offer when you%26#39;re finished with business for the day.





With that said, I%26#39;m afraid I%26#39;m no help with suggestions for anything in the area of your business. Perhaps someone on the board who%26#39;s familiar with that area can be more helpful.





Good luck!



Visiting in late November


I see you will traveling to the Austin area to go to Wizard Academy. There are not many hotels near this area. The Oak Inn is on 290/71 W . They are under new management and have a contract with Wizard Academy. The reviews they have online are not accurate because most of them are from before the change in ownership occured. I would reccommend them. I have stayed there several times.




Thanks for the advice. I realize there isn%26#39;t much near the Wizard Academy, but I would be willing to stay downtown if you have a recommendation for that area as well.




I live in South Austin. 1826 area is a beautiful area, much of it country. As the other posts say, I can%26#39;t think of many hotels out there, but the first thing that comes to my mind that is nice and in a nice area of Austin is the La Quinta Hotel off Mopac (or Loop 1- same thing) You%26#39;d probably be about 20 minutes or so North of the Crystal Hills Dr. location, and also, about 15-20 minutes if even that, from downtown, if you want to check out the sights. Oh, and you must check out the Saltlick BBQ restaurant which is in Driftwood, off 1826. This post cannot be longer than 140 characters, so I will post the link to the La Quinta Hotel- Mopac Location in a different posting!!








Well, it won%26#39;t let me post the link, it is too long-- But go to www.lq.com and look up this hotel:





La Quinta Inn %26amp; Suites



Austin Southwest at Mopac



4424 South Mopac Expwy.



Austin, TX 78735



Phone: (512)899-3000



Fax: (512)899-3885



AAA 3 Diamond Rating









Hope that helps!!








Oh, and if you are looking to pay more than the La Quinta for some reason (if you are more of a %26#39;luxury%26#39; hotel person...) then you won%26#39;t have a problem finding something downtown-- Driskell Hotel, Four Seasons, and OMNI, to name a few....

No comments:

Post a Comment