Sunday, April 22, 2012

Decent moving companies.

I know this may be a little off topic but, I am making a move from the Toronto area to Houston and am in the process of locating a full service moving company. The choices are overwhelming and the horror stories are terrifying. Does anyone know of a reputable international moving company that won%26#39;t take 2 weeks to move our belongings?



Decent moving companies.


First of all no matter what moving company you select it will take more than 2 weeks to move your things especially for an international move. It will take a week just to drive from Canada to Houston. You must reserve/schedule a date for packing and pick-up far in advance.





I used United Van Lines when I relocated to Houston from MD. They have international offices as well. They have a professional packing staff who will pack your belongings extremely fast. I have never seen anyone who could pack a 4 bedroom house within 5 hours. Two days later the moving staff loaded up the truck to Houston. The only thing I had to do was fly here without any hassle. Every item arrived in perfect condition and nothing was missing. They take an inventory of all of your belongings and you go through the inventory when they arrive with your furniture to make sure that everything is there.





I will highly reccomend United Van Lines because I did not have any problems. Also, it made my relocation to Houston extremely smooth because I did not have to do anything.





I use a different company (I forgot the name) that specializes in moving vehicles to move my car here to Houston.



Decent moving companies.


do NOT use USA Movers ... horrible company

No comments:

Post a Comment