Friday, March 30, 2012

Schlitterbahn Galverston information?

Our family would like to visit the Schlitterbahn Gaverston in Christmas. As this is the first year of this park, I would like to know if anyone has visited there in Novermber or Decemeber and what is your feedback? Is the water cold? Is it good for young kids in winter?



Thanks.



Schlitterbahn Galverston information?


I%26#39;m assuming your trip is over, but I thought I%26#39;d post my review in case anyone else is considering going over the winter.





We went the day after Christmas and there was maybe 40 or 50 cars in the parking lot. There was hardly anyone there at all! When we first got there and changed in to our suits -- walking down to the water I was beginning to question our decision. Here we were running around in our suits, and the employees working there had sweatshirts and pants on. They advertise it as being ';heated'; indoors, but what I saw were a bunch of heat lamps around and there were maybe 3 big generator things pushing heat. They surrounded it with plastic to keep the heat in.





When we first got in the water it was COLD. You soon got used to it, though, and really the most uncomfortable part was walking up the stairs to the slides. No matter what you do, when it is 50 degrees outside and there is concrete steps with plastic sheeting around the stairwell to keep the weather out, it is going to be freezing. I cannot recall a time my feet have EVER been as cold as they were that day. If you bring water shoes it would be a lot better.





They had four slides open where you rode tubes (I can%26#39;t remember the names of them but they are the yellow and pink ones) and they also had the Rohr and Fast and Furious open. Those two ended outside, and you had to race to the hot tub right next to the ending to get warm. The bar was open in the hot tub, and we had a great time relaxing in it. They also had the wave pool open outside, but when my daughter and I ventured out there, we were the only ones in it and it was rather boring. They had the river running in a circe around the enclosed area, and that was a lot of fun.





Overall, it is a tossup. You go in the summer and you have to deal with lines. You go in the winter and freeze a little bit, but there are absolutely no lines. But you also don%26#39;t get access to as many slides and features of the park. So it just depends on what is more important. We had a great time going and my kids are still talking about it 2 weeks later. I don%26#39;t know if my husband and I are up to another trip for a little bit, though. Maybe when it heats up a little outside it would be more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment