Friday, March 30, 2012

Which Part of Town For a 3 Night Stay?

I%26#39;ll be going to San Antonio for few days starting January 14 to attend a conference at the Henry B. Gonzalez Center. I%26#39; d like some advice on where to stay. I%26#39;m probably going to book a room on priceline and am likely not going to be able to afford downtown. That being the case I%26#39;m looking for opinions on pricelines divisions of the city - specifically east, south, airport, northeast, medical center, northwest, etc. Can anyone make a recommendation about one area over the other? I%26#39;m not too interested in nightlife, etc around my hotel but am concerned about an easy commute downtown. Are there any of their divisions which would likely be more safe than others? Thanks.



Which Part of Town For a 3 Night Stay?


Being an off-season time of year, you may be surprised at the price you can get downtown through priceline. My sister stayed at the Omni for $60.00/night through priceline. Sorry I can%26#39;t be more help on any of the areas, though. I don%26#39;t know what price range you%26#39;re looking at, but you might try the Menger hotel. It%26#39;s in a historical building on the street side of the Marriot Rivercenter and is pretty nice, but not as well known and therefore not as expensive if I recall correctly.



Which Part of Town For a 3 Night Stay?


i agree in that you might find a deal downtown, and the Menger is a good choice. other inexpensive hotels close to the convention center to consider are La Quinta, Hampton Inn %26amp; possibly the Days Inn. Otherwise, I vote for staying at the medical center area (around I-10 %26amp; Medical or Wurzbach)...plenty of hotels...and a fairly easy commute down I-10 to downtown. the Omni is a good choice there....or Drury....heck, check the Drury downtown?




My thanks to both of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment