Friday, March 30, 2012

Hotel/condo/restaurants

My husband and I are going to be going to SPI the first part of February. I%26#39;ve been looking at hotel reviews, and also considering renting a condo.. We would like to be close (walking distance) to restaurants and bars, and I can%26#39;t tell by the maps where on the island we should be looking for accommodations. Beachview would be GREAT, but isn%26#39;t absolutely necessary.

We%26#39;re pretty laid back, and would like to enjoy some oysters, some seafood, and a cocktail

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Hotel/condo/restaurants

Read a post back about restaurants, the highlights are mentioned there. How long do you plan on staying on SPI? In my opinion, I think a condo is the way to go. There are many that are beach side. Some rent through agencies and others have an onsite office. It depends on how much $$ you want to spend, although winter rates (lower) will apply for when you will be there. I prefer the southern end of the island (closer to the causeway) to stay. Will you have a car? The island is long, but there is a bus that travels up and down the island that can drop you off places, and it is free, I think.

Hotel/condo/restaurants

Linlo-

Thanks for your post - We%26#39;re staying only 5 nights, and plan to have a car. I%26#39;m having a difficult time finding a condo that%26#39;s available - I have found one - at Fiesta Sol, on Amberjack street. It%26#39;s not on the Ocean, but it looks like it couldn%26#39;t be too far.. Do you know the area?


It is ';winter Texan'; season, so a lot of places are booked, but I am sure there is still plenty available. The location of that Fiesta Sol is good, but the place looks somewhat worn. Check out dancercondorentals.com and see if they have anything available. This is a new facility and looks nice from the outside. It is not on the beach, but close. Also look at bridgepointresort.com (upper end $), but I am pretty sure they still have units available, and the desk people can probably recommend something for you if they are full or out of your price range. See about Saida, too. Another idea, go to spionline.com and follow the accomodations link, read through the page and look at ';super duper lodging classifieds'; where people have their own condos listed...one just became available on the 7th that looks great. Good luck and let me know what you turn up.

  • make up application
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment