Friday, March 30, 2012

??s Checking for hotels for last minute rooms

We have been told to book a reasonable hotel and then call 24 hours before arrival to a nicer hotel, they recommended Emily Morgan or Menger and get a great last minute rate. Is this a common practice in the area? I%26#39;m willing to try it but my DH isn%26#39;t too keen.





I just want to be downwtown in riverwalk area. I don%26#39;t want to pay over 150 per night and would like free parking and free breakfast to boot. We will be there for 2 nights Sun and Mon.



??s Checking for hotels for last minute rooms


I think that%26#39;s a good tactic for any area. I just checked Hotwire for tonight - $92 for a 4-star on the Riverwalk. I don%26#39;t know of any downtown hotel that offers free parking, most are in the $20 range. Free breakfast, free internet, and pretty much anything else free usually doesn%26#39;t exist at a 4-star downtown hotel. Still, for a nice treat, a 4-star at less than a hundred bucks is great!



??s Checking for hotels for last minute rooms


Thanksfor the reply. I%26#39;m not much of a gambler, but I may be willing to try it. I was told just to call the hotel direct, not go through internet, although we will have internet access at our daughter%26#39;s house in McAllen.

No comments:

Post a Comment