Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SPI in July

Want to take a family vacation to the beach in early July,2007. Where is the best place to stay? Do we need a car or does the trolley system take you where you want to go? Want a hotel or condo on the beach. Are there boats to see the fireworks from the gulf? Is that the best place to view them? What other things can you do?



SPI in July


Frankly, I think you need a car. I suppose you are flying from Colorado. You can rent cars either at the Harlingen or Brownsville airports. Both airports are about 30 miles from the island, and it%26#39;s just easier to have your own vehicle. Some people may disagree with me, but when I am ready to go, I am ready to go, and don%26#39;t want to wait on a trolley schedule. I also think especially with a family the condo route is better...that way you can have some meals in (cereal %26amp; sandwiches) instead of going out all the time and interrupting good beach time! There are lots of condos on the beach to rent. You can go back through these forums and see some recommendations or do a google search and then come back with specific questions. Also the post just prior to yours (Isola Bella) has a good reply about things to do. Fireworks can be seen from the bay (at restaurants, bars, just standing outside), no need to go out on a boat, but there are boat trips available. Last year I flew my daughter down from Denver and the best deal as far as connections and price was on Continental. She had to fly into Houston and then from Houston into Harlingen. Last time I checked only Southwest and Continental fly into Harlingen (and Southwest coming from Denver requires a bunch of connections...not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment