Friday, April 13, 2012

Are there any good Dallas-Ft Worth travel agencies?

I want to arrange a trip to Europe for this summer. I would love to use a travel agency who knows the areas to which I want to travel, has recommendations, selection, and can put a package together for my wife and I.

However, these days, travel agencies in the States tend to be order takers, people with whom you need to know exactly what you want to do before you see them.

Are there any full service agencies in the area with whom you%26#39;ve had a great experience? I want to go in, give an idea of what I want to do and where, and have them help in putting a plan together and, of course, making the reservations, etc. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Are there any good Dallas-Ft Worth travel agencies?

OK , now I am curious. When are you going, where do you plan to go, what do you like to see and do, and how long are you staying?

Actually I love to plan my own trips. We spent nearly three months in Japan %26amp; China in 2002 and I loved the adventure of studying the maps, the travel books, the internet and then making the trip plans. I made most of the reservations on the internet for that trip. We had a grand time.

I also planned a three week trip to the Carribean. We went to the tiny island of Vieques and traveled between islands on prop planes with only 4 to 6 seats. I loved it. I don%26#39;t believe a travel agent would normally book these types of ';adventures';. As you imply they sell prepackaged trips.

There is a travel club that meets the first Sunday of each month at about 5:30 at Half Price Books on Northwest Highway. The attendees can tell you quite a lot about everything regarding travel. Some of them use agents.

Are there any good Dallas-Ft Worth travel agencies?

TravelingCowgirl - I am definitely going to Venice (we have a group meeting there at the end of June). Originally I was only planning to go there, but I saw a mention of a trip from Paris to Venice (3-4 days in Paris, overnight train to Venice, 4-5 days in Venice). I am now thinking of that or perhaps 2-3 cities in Rome.

I am interested in a travel agency because, if it%26#39;s a decent one, they tend to provide package rates with discounts. Full price to Venice etc. is rather steep, so any advantages of group rates would be welcome. If the group you mention knows of any good agencies, I am interested, whether they are based in DFW or perhaps online.

Thanks.


I actually know a travel agent in Venice, Italy I think she mainly does corporate events but I can give you her email address at the meeting on 1/7/07 at Half Price Books that starts at 5pm.

  • cope with divorce
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment