Friday, April 13, 2012

rush-hour traffic - Houston, San Antonio, Austin

I am planning to fly into either Austin, San Antonio or Houston Hobby on a weekday evening in mid January. I would stay in a hotel not too far from the airport before starting my road trip the next morning. What kind of traffic am I likely to expect? Are there particular problems with traffic out of any of those airports? Thanks in advance.

rush-hour traffic - Houston, San Antonio, Austin

I guess it really depends on where you are heading. These 3 cities are not close to each other, well S.A. and Austin are not too far. If you are travelling thru or towards downtown Houston you are going to hit quite a bit of traffic. If you are coming into Houston (Hobby or Bush airport) going towards downtown, I would say don%26#39;t leave the hotel before 9am to avoid the traffic.

rush-hour traffic - Houston, San Antonio, Austin

I can only comment about traffic in Houston and Austin and still my experience is limited in both cities. I found the traffic in Houston downtown and on the highways leading out to the north to be terrible at ';rush hour'; (really from about 3:30 to 6:30) both times that I have been there this year. Austin seemed to me to be a bit better traffic-wise from downtown to my hotel on the north side of town. I cannot comment on San Anotonio as I have not been there since 1990.


It all really depends upon what time of day you are coming into town (Houston) and what time you are leaving in the morning. I can get around anywhere without a whole lot of traffic - after 8:30 a.m.

Austin - rush hour traffic on the main interstate is as bad, if not worse in some cases, than Houston. Have gone there several times and arrived during rush hour - only to creep and crawl at a snails pace for what seemed like forever. Houston Freeways can be like that as well - particularly I-10 and Hwy. 290. Austin%26#39;s rush hour rival%26#39;s the worst of any major city.

Don%26#39;t know about San Antonio%26#39;s rush hour.

  • make up application
  • advice my marriage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment