Thursday, April 26, 2012

Best Steak House

Ok comming to Dallas for the first time and hear that the Big D has the best steaks in the country. Only here for one night so where do I go? I%26#39;m on expense account and also want a great wine list.





Thanks



Best Steak House


These are the best off the top of my head:



Del Frisco%26#39;s



Bob%26#39;s



Pappas Bros





Look at guidelive .com for more.



Best Steak House


Del Frisco%26#39;s-the service at the one in Fort Worth is far superior than the one in Dallas.




I second Bob%26#39;s Steak %26amp; Chop House. The original is just off the Tollway at Lemmon %26amp; Wycliff. There is also one way north off the Tollway on Legacy. I believe they opened one up in San Francisco a couple of years ago, but the original one is here in Dallas.




For my money skip Del Frisco%26#39;s and stick with





Bob%26#39;s (The Original Location)



Three Forks



Pappas (I believe the Wine List here is tops)





Can%26#39;t go wrong with any of these...enjoy.




Definitely: Bob%26#39;s.





I%26#39;ve been to steak houses all over the USA and haven%26#39;t found one that comes close to Bob%26#39;s.





Was not impressed with Pappas Bros., but have only tried them once.





Note that Bob%26#39;s is not a quiet, reserved restaurant. They have great steaks but are a noisy men%26#39;s club as in old boy%26#39;s networks hang out there. There are folks at their bar who eat there every night. I%26#39;ve taken friends to dinner and we%26#39;ve been the only women in the room we were seated in. It%26#39;s not a bad thing, just be aware.




My vote is for Bobs!! It is very loud and buisy. Was%26#39;nt all men when I was there but a larger % were men. I%26#39;ve only been to the one on lemon ave. the one up north might have better ambiance.



I too would skip Del friscos. Held my fathers 60th dinner there. It was all wrong. Steaks didnt have much flavor, atmosphere wasnt right, and service was non existant.



Personally, my friends and family preferr my house to anywhere! I grill a mean ribeye! I would love to get my hands on the cuts they only sell to fine resturants!!! Look out!! Lol.



What other types of things might you want to do while here? Will it be a weekend or weekday? Not sure about reservations.



Hope you have a great time in Dallas




viv6464, if you want cuts of meat that are similar to the ones that are served by Bob%26#39;s, try Dave%26#39;s Meat Market. They sell prime corn fed beef. It is expensive, filets are about $20 a pound and sirloins are about $8.50. They are located on Garland Rd. between Beltline %26amp; Arapaho. I live in Ft. Worth and have actually driven all the way over there for steaks for special occasions.




http://www.fogodechao.com/





Fun, diffrent meats, costly




If the wine list is important, Pappas Bros is the way to go. Thye have an incredible cellar.




I can%26#39;t let this go without mentioning Al Biernet%26#39;s. I%26#39;ve been to all these places (Dakota%26#39;s too) and they are all great. But, Al%26#39;s is really special. The food and the service are a notch above Del Frisco%26#39;s. Bob%26#39;s is a great for a group of guys on the way to a Mavericks game.

No comments:

Post a Comment