Friday, April 27, 2012

Houston, LaPorte or Baytown area

Hello,

I%26#39;m flying into Hobby Airport and staying one night, and getting on a cruise the next day at Houston Port in La Porte. I%26#39;m thinking of the LaPorte or Baytown La Quinta. Which hotel is nicer, and in a safe area? Or thinking about staying closer to Houston? Looking for a no frills hotel, clean and safe, with breakfast. Also, I need to find somewhere for dinner, I have a few hours to kill during the day, and I will have a car...any suggestions?

Thanks....Elaine

Houston, LaPorte or Baytown area

I would suggest the LaPorte La Quinta. Primarily because you have a little extra time to kill. You can go south on highway 146 to Kemah, about 10 miles. There you can browse shops, watch the boats, and enjoy a seafood lunch. It%26#39;s the typical Landry%26#39;s fare so not the highest quality food, but great atmosphere.

If you have enough time you could also stay in Seabrook at one of the hotels on Nasa Parkway. This is a much nicer area and close to the Space Center. It is still about 10 miles from the port.

good luck

Houston, LaPorte or Baytown area

I agree with Toddd and I would stay closer to NASA than in LaPorte or Baytown. Come to think of it, I am not sure I would ever stay in LaPorte or Baytown. All of the refineries can leave the air smelling pretty bad.


I would go LaPorte before Baytown - it%26#39;s cleaner and closer to where you want to be. Nasa or Kemah would be good as well and in close proximity to good dinner spots.

Refineries causing a smell are true only in certain areas of La Porte. Peopel who don%26#39;t live in those areas like to assume that the entire area smells from refineries but that isn%26#39;t the case .... the closer you are to 225, yes you%26#39;ll smell the chemical plants. The closer to Spencer Hwy %26amp; Fairmont Parkway/Hwy 146 area isn%26#39;t bad.

  • one web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment