Friday, April 27, 2012

Please give advice and tips on how to choose ranch holiday.

Hi Everyone,





Can anyone advise me, British Dude from Liverpool , england, Uk on what to consider, discuss and ask when considering if an american ranch Holiday is suitable for extended family of all ages, very young to senior citizens. Am thinking of holidaying on a ranch holiday but seems so much to consider and so many options and costs to think about. Can anyone calm me down and give some straightforward and easily understood advice and list of tips etc on what we need to discuss etc before commiting to a decision.





My email is phil_ritson@hotmail.com , hope someone can help as soon as possible, particularly anyone who has experienced taking lots of family members on such a ranch holiday; but any advice from anyone would be great.





Take Care and Thanks





Phil Ritson



Please give advice and tips on how to choose ranch holiday.


Where to start? What part of Texas are you visiting?



Are you looking for a real working ranch or more of a dude ranch, where you ride horses leisurely and get a taste of cowboy life? I am going to assume the dude ranch style.



Do you want luxurious or casual accomodations?



I would suggest you check to various websites for the ranches and check the amenities, menus, other local attractions for the things your family would enjoy.



Some websites to get you started are:



www.duderanches.com/Texas/



www.wildcatterranch.com



www.barhdudranch.com and www.lazyfranch.com are working ranches





Welcome to Texas!!



Please give advice and tips on how to choose ranch holiday.


Dear Knr(I think?),





thank you for your kind reply. i will use the website links you gave me and you are right thinking dude ranch/guest ranch will be the type we will be looking closely at.





There%26#39;s just so much information and I get dizzy even thinking about just what flights/airlines/airports to use from Englamd!!!!!!!!!





Looking forward to seeing Texas though and sharing some Liverpool hospitality, history and goodwill with lots of Texan hospitality, friendship, history and mutual friendship. I can%26#39;t wait to experience the great past, the breathtaking scenery and natural beauty and the present and future dreams and hopes of the people of Texas.





Take Care and God Bless,





Phil Ritson, Liverpool, England.




Yes, there is alot of info, almost too much at times on the internet. Once, you decide what part of Texas you will travel to, it will help to narrow down the choices. There are more dude ranches, I think, than the ones listed in the website I gave you earlier, there were just too many to list from my reference book.



If you decide to go to the Bandera area, where alot of the dude ranches are located, then San Antonio would be your best airport, followed by Austin. I believe these are both international airports.





It has been a long time since I went to a dude ranch, but I have fond memories of them, and look forward to taking my own children when they are old enough.




Howdy British Dude:



I would recommend the Bandera, Texas area as it is not only in the beautiful Texas Hill Country but claims to be the Cowboy Capital of the World. And as we Texans know-cowboys still live in Texas. I would not advise visiting in summer as unless your are acclimated to the INTENSE heat as we are it will bake you. Spring is the most beautiful time as the wildflowers will be incredible. There is great BBQ places all around and Luckenbach is not far away, a must. I am traveling over to the UK for a birthday party in 2 weeks and I will proudly wear my Texas Cowboy shirt and boots , so look for me I will be the guy with a Texas accent and black boots...




There was a thread on this same topic not too long ago. In it a fellow with a British wife recommended dude ranches in Colorado or Wyoming- due to the heat- one more thing to consider.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28964-i75-k675601鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment