Friday, April 27, 2012

Nightlife in Houston?

Hi, I am French, so i am sorry for my englsih... I came several times to Houston for business and usually stay the week-end. I would like to know what is trendy now in Houston. Most of information I got were not updated... I usually stay downtown, at the magnolia, but except sambuca, I do not know where to go.



I went also to Sherlock something, for live music on westheimer, good music, but not so beautiful people ! :-)



I heard about places like Belvedere, Next, Hush, Continental, Club Opus but I do not if there are still trendy (were they??).



A long time ago (back in 1999!) I went downtown to the John%26#39;s and Mercury room but DWT seems to have changed a lot. Is it still the place to be?



I%26#39;ll be glad if you could help me.





Many thanks!



Nightlife in Houston?


Not sure about John%26#39;s, but the Mercury Room is still open.



Are you looking for more of a dance club or bar?



I%26#39;m a bar person, and used to hang out around the Montrose (Downtown always seemed too upscale). Rudyard%26#39;s (on Waugh 4 blocks north of Westheimer) was a fav of mine and has some excellent live music, Catbird%26#39;s (kind of divey) and Helio%26#39;s are also nice and both on Westheimer. The Proletariat (Richmond at Montrose) has been very popular for some time with the 20-something sect and is a pretty good bar. Good music sometimes, and they probably have the best jukebox in town.



Nightlife in Houston?


Thank you for help, Colinaz. I surely tries these bars, and maybe the proletariat even if I did not mention that I am in to the 30-something...



Many thanks


  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment