Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moving to Waco from Dallas

My husband and I will be moving to Waco and are looking for a place to live. We want to rent a townhome or apartment. The townhomes and apartments listed in Waco seem very cheap. Is it just because of the cost of living or are they ghetto? Any suggestions on where to live?



Moving to Waco from Dallas


Welcome!





Housing in Waco is much less expensive than Dallas. We moved here from Addison. We bought a house when we moved here though, so I don%26#39;t know the apartment costs.





That being said, it really depends on the apartments. I can%26#39;t tell you that they aren%26#39;t ghetto, because there are some that are.





Do you have a particular area of town that you want to be in? i.e. Are you coming for work? School? What are your biggest concerns in an apartment? Proximity, cost, neighborhood?





Off the top of my head, if I were looking at apartments, I%26#39;d look at Saddlebrook (which is in Hewitt actually, but it%26#39;s such a short drive to anywhere here, especially if you%26#39;re frame of reference is Dallas!) or The Central Texas Marketplace Apartments (which are new). There are also some apartment on Lake Shore Drive, some of which may have a lake view, for what it%26#39;s worth. My preference for apartments is new, gated community types.





Personally (and no offense to anyone) I%26#39;d stay away from the apartments around Baylor, just because I%26#39;m way past the age of wanting to be in the midst of college students. :-) Not that it wasn%26#39;t fun 25 years ago. :-)





There are also lots of rental houses available too, if that%26#39;s something you%26#39;d be interested in. Duplexes galore.





I hope that helps, and please post back if you have any specific questions I can answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment