Monday, April 16, 2012

Rental Car?

I%26#39;m guessing that a rental car would be more of a hassel than its worth for the downtown area? I will be staying at the Hampton Inn off of Elm Street, over a short weekend trip. Are there places within walking distance from my location that would be worth checking out? Dealing with parking and paying to park just isn%26#39;t my idea of fun - but if it is necessary then I will.



Thanks!



BJM



Rental Car?


It really depends on what you are in town for. Have you asked Hampton Inn what their overnight parking rate is?



Rental Car?


The Hampton Inn site says $9 for self park. I wouldn%26#39;t bother getting a car. If you are just there for the weekend to eat, drink and be merry, there are plenty of places in the West End, on Main and along the DART line to keep you occupied plus a short cab ride can take you to Gilley%26#39;s, Poor David%26#39;s Pub, Deep Ellum, etc.




Poodleone-





I have read a few times that the West End is not the best place to be walking at night; is this a few people making a big deal out of nothing - or is it worth dropping a few bucks for a cab ride around the area?





Thanks.



BJM




Depends upon what part of the West End and what time of night. If you have several blocks to walk and it%26#39;s pretty late, I%26#39;d take a cab. If it%26#39;s daylight and you stay in the traveled areas where other people are, you%26#39;ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment